The ProVAL Library is your central clearinghouse of all documents available on profiling. This resource opened recently, and we will always be adding new information.
Have any question? Are you looking for something specific, but can’t find it? Or do you have a volume you would like to add to the resource’s collection? Feel free to submit your request when you contact us.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the files on this site.
ProVAL's native PPF format is used to store imported profiles. Profile software developers or profiler manufacturers may find it useful to produce profile data in this format.
The ASTM International specification "E 2560-07: Standard Specification for Data Format for Pavement Profile" is based on the ProVAL data file specification 1.02. ProVAL 2.7 currently uses the recent 1.03 version, while ProVAL 3.0 uses 1.05.
- Little Book of Profilingby Mike Sayers and Steve Karamihas of UMTRI.
- Keys to (Concrete) Pavement Smoothness: A Paving Superintent's Viewpoint, by Mack Capper (ACPA publication)
- Implementation of ProVAL Optimal WIM Locator (OWL)
- ProVAL Automated Fault Measurement (AFM) (presentation)
- Transition from ProVAL 2.7 to 3.2
- George K. Chang, Steven M. Karamihas, Robert Otto Rasmussen, David Merritt, Mark Swanlund, Quantifying the Impact of Jointed Concrete Pavement Curling and Warping on Pavement Uneveness, 6th symposium on pavement surface characteristics (SURF), Slovenia, 2008.
- Brian Schleppi and John Roberts, Improving Rideability at a Newly Constructed Pavement-Bridge Interface - A Case Study, International Grinding and Grooving Association (IGGA) publication, June, 2010.
Profiling Equipment Vendors
- Ames Engineering
- APR Consultants, Inc.
- ARRB Group
- Greenwood Engineering
- ICC (Intl. Cybernetics Corp.)
- SurPRO (ICC)
- Mandli (Scanman)
- Pathway Services, Inc.
- Fugro Roadware (ARAN)
- SSI (Surface Systems & Instruments), LLC
- James Cox & Sons
- Paveset America
- Rainhart Co.
- FACE (Dipstick)
- Acuity Research Inc.
- Pavemetrics, Inc. (formerly INO)
- LMI Selcom
- Phoenix Scientific (Pavement Profile Scanner)